Monday 25 January 2016

Introduction

I bought my 1973 E-Type Jaguar in August 2014.  I was under no illusion that this was going to be a project car; it had not run for 7 years, it had been rear-ended, which caused it to be taken off the road, and had been recovered from a repair shop, part-completed, just before the shop went out of business.  So I bought a partially completed car, with lots of bits!!  But, I got it for a reasonable price ........ and I now actually owned an E-Type Jag!!!!!!!

Since buying the car and getting it to somewhere that I could store and work on it, I've been documenting my progress, mostly in texts to a friend, Steve, who has also been helping and advising me (I'm very much a novice at this) on some of the work I've been doing.  So I thought, as I'm documenting my progress anyway, why not publish it on a blog.  Some people may find it interesting, and others may find it useful to read about the work I'm doing, and especially the mistakes I'm making, that may help them in doing similar projects themselves.

My progress is fairly slow - I manage to spend a few hours each week working on the car, but I usually manage to get at least one thing done each time I'm there, so hopefully there will be enough progress to keep peoples' interest.

The work I've done so far I'll cover as we go, while trying to give updates as they happen.

So watch this space to see if I can first get the car road-worthy and then how much I can improve its condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment