Tuesday 12 April 2016

The Brake Repair Kits Arrived

The repair kits arrived, so I set to and tackled the apparent challenge of removing the Master Cylinder.  It actually only took me a couple of hours to extract it from the engine.  It came out a lot easier than I expected.  The only problem I had was with one of the Nyloc nuts that holds the body of the cylinder on the pedal box studs - there wasn't enough clearance between the nut and the body to get the jaws of a spanner onto the flats of the nut in the only position I could get a spanner anywhere near the nut.  In the end I had to position the spanner in line with the stud and use an adjustable to get enough torque on it to remove the nut - fortunately the nut hadn't been over-tightened!

Master Cylinder with Parts waiting to be Fitted.
So now I have the Cylinder in the basement, with my new parts kit, all waiting for me to start the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment